Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Countertops... but still West End for dinner

Travis is blaming his crazy behavior at dinner on the fumes from the granite install today.  I have my suspicions :)
Anywho, how fun it was to come home from a day that included a 5.5 hour long staff meeting to find new countertops in the kitchen!


As you can see, we have the Tuscan style backsplashes... hoping we might get to those this weekend, but time will tell!  Last night, Dad told Travis to get a plumber to install the new faucet.  Travis felt he could do it.  When I talked to him at 3:30 today, he asked me for the number of the plumber.  Apparently the easy click supply line doesn't click.  Sooo we still don't have actual running water in the kitchen until tomorrow (which meant dinner at the local West End!).  

Also, there appears to be some sort of issue with brackets and the dishwasher.  i don't really understand it.  Dad and Travis worked on it for a while and now it's just sorta sitting there waiting for the appliance fairies to put it in =)  It's ok because I can stand in the kitchen and stare.

Can you envision French country cabinets with oil rubbed bronze pulls under that granite?


1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm loving how it is all coming together! And I can't wait to see it in person :)