Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A slow week...

...thanks to whatever I have come down with (and now whatever Travis has too)!  Winston has been setting a good example, though.  He says to relax...


Drink lots...


And sleep...


I have been trying to heed his wise advice.  In the meantime, Trav's two coats of metallic paint in the dining room still look uneven.   I read about it online (before my cable went out Monday - how mean is that - to be home with no TV and no real internet!!!) and determined that he should have gotten a special roller.  So, he took me on a field trip (the car ride wore me out) to Lowe's where he went in, got the roller, and a how-to pamphlet.  It appears all the techniques shown with it involve doing something to the paint after putting it on the wall.  We are now tossing around the idea of either trying one more coat on the wall with the special cover OR just going ahead and painting in a cross-hatch pattern.  There's been lots of time to consider both.

When Sarah and her mom came to visit this past weekend (and did I think to take pictures of them OR of our other Saturday guests, Michael, Alli and Bryan??? noooo of course not...), we were discussing how the fridge didn't fit.  Sarah's mom also pointed out that they then had to take lots of measurements before buying a microwave.  Oh, measurements?  Hmmmmm that'd be a good idea.  Trav measured the cabinet... and it's just over 13 inches deep.  Guess how deep microwaves are?  Oh, just 15 to 20 inches.  Then, in my extensive online research into this, I've discovered that they may actually HAVE to protrude from the cabinets in order to be able to open the doors.  So, when I'm better, we're taking a field trip to figure out whether we can get a microwave or whether we need to find a hood (different from the original one that we are still returning)... ah the joys of renovation =)

So sadly, I don't really have much renovation updating to do.  Lucky for us, I forgot that Travis painted his "office" this weekend!  He started out with a brown.  It looked like poop.  He got a sample, smeared it on the wall, and it was authentic.  Alli agreed.  So, he went with a beautiful muted green instead.  The room still has some unpacking to be done (our little green couch is buried under that... stuff), but I will share the wall color anyway...


Ok, just thinking about that has exhausted me =)  Back to my sickly post =)

No comments: