Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday... Sick day?

Sicko here signing in to share the latest on the house!  The plumber came out and fixed our faucet and dishwasher, so that's all set!  Our dishwasher is SO QUIET.  Holy smokes.  We've started looking at tile for the backsplash.  Nothing light has looked good or right.  A lot of them make the countertop look yellow.  If we wanted yellow countertops, we wouldn't have gotten rid of them!  So, Travis made another trip to the Home Depot yesterday and brought home this:


Which was really funny because I had just been wondering to myself if we should go with a dark tile.

Dad worked on the kitchen walls last night, giving them yet another sand-down and then washing the floor, Cinderella style.  Now, if I could just get him to use a rag instead of a nice dish towel... =)



We also managed to get all the sticky stuff off the dining room walls - 2 or 3 coats of Dif and then a final wash-down.  So, Travis started priming last night!


And then primed again this morning.


Meanwhile, Dad installed the brace in the attic for our new chandelier.  One little red head apparently snuck up the creaky attic stairs and scared him.  I snapped this picture:



And he jumped back so fast!  I had turned off the breaker, even though he hadn't wanted me to... but he thought he'd hit electricity.  I laughed so so hard.  The best part?  He was working on it in the dining room while Travis painted:


So I took another picture, which was follow by a slew of curse words, lots of laughter from Travis and me, and a promise that I had just taken a year off of his life =)

However, in the end, the 3 of us got it hung.  It is amazing.  These pictures do not do it any justice.



Winston would like to also show his transformation. Saturday, he had to get his hair cut.  Unfortunately, he had lots of tangles, so lots had to be taken off.  So, he went from this:


To this!


He apologizes for not sitting up, but this weekend has just been exhausting.

Anyway, we've been working hard, but it hasn't felt like a lot has been accomplished.  I hope to be able to post a picture of the dining room done very soon!  Meanwhile, I think my cold medicine has run out...

No comments: