Sunday, October 9, 2011

Major update!

Well, it has been a busy long weekend!  Everyone tells me the color issue in the kitchen is all in my head.  What do you think?


If you look at the kitchen from this POV, you can pretend the cabinets are done :)

Travis and I got started on some major painting... but I have been banned from painting.  Apparently, I can't see and splattered paint everywhere last night.  Whoops.  We picked out an almost-white for the walls, but after painting one wall (with 1 gallon of primer and 1 gallon of Behr One for a total of 3 coats of paint - this stuff SOAKS UP PAINT), Travis wasn't completely happy.


So, he took a cabinet door with him to the Home Depot and got the trim color matched.  It is amazing  - it looks like it was the same gallon of paint!  Anyway, he decided to paint the lower half of the room the color of the trim.  Sorry there aren't more pics.  I got in big trouble for using a flash camera on him while he was trying to paint the trim =)



We also think we may have finally come up with the backsplash tile.  Travis came home from Home Depot last night with - you guessed it - more paint and these selections.




We just doubled our budget with these selections, but I sort of fell in love with that second picture.  The first one is good and it matches.  The second one, however, is so pretty in person.  Some of those tiles are glass and some are slate I think.  The picture just doesn't do it justice.  

Anywho, getting ready to start the new job, so progress might slow down just a bit =)

Oh, and one more vote... do I get the baby grand for the great room?  I found one I love...

No comments: