Sunday, October 23, 2011

Try again tomorrow...

So, Travis worked on our entryway (I tried to help but he says I don't load the roller up enough/often)... and I tried another round of cabinets.

The good news?  The entryway looks awesome.  All lower cabinets have been transformed.  See?





The bad news?  I hate the cabinets.  Hate.

Well, the last section is the way I had imagined them all to look... but instead, they all look different.  Even from section 2 to section 3 of the lowers, you can see a difference...


The pictures do not do the difference justice...




So, the first chunks are super-orange.  The orange is continuously leaving the stain.  I shake, people.  I shake AND I stir.  And the stupid stuff keeps changing color.  So, in the middle of my clear cut coat this morning, Mom suggested painting them a dark color.  I grumpily told her I was NOT re-doing them... until tonight.  I just am so unhappy with it.  Winston is too.  See (Ok, so he was just scared of us moving stuff...)?


So, I'm going to see if Rust Oleum will stick to their satisfaction guarantee.  The paint is great, but the glaze is just way too unreliable for this perfectionist.  We're investigating a super-dark color now.  Kona or Chocolate. Yup, I am painting ALLLLL over again... at least Trav can help me this time b/c there will be no staining involved!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Expresso or Kona please -- both glazed. :-)