Monday, January 23, 2012

Sending another one your way, God.

The weekend update: Turnberry Love is still there and welcomed us in for very short showers this weekend.

I'm just not sure where to start, to be honest.  I wasn't ready to send this one God's way, and it sure was a shock.  The day she left us, it rained.  She left as Mom and I touched down in Albany.  When I close my eyes and put my phone up to my ear, I swear I can still hear her laughing about Winston's antics.


And we have had a long goodbye with Grandma.  This weekend was especially long, with 2 nights of hourly medicine dispensing.  It's raining today.  This morning, while I was away at a class and with her hand in hubby's hand,  Grandma slipped away from us:


I swear that I could feel her back at Turnberry Love as I enjoyed a much longer shower.  I am also pretty sure Winston was just downstairs talking with her.  In one of my 15 min cat-naps at 4am one night this weekend, she came to visit me.  The healthy Grandma plunked herself down next to me and told me she was tired, ready to leave, and that she loved us very much.

I guess that's why the name "Turnberry Love" came to me as I started this blog.  Travis and I have been blessed, surrounded by love, our entire lives.  And, as people slip away from us, the power, energy, and impact of their love continues on with us.  The physical presence of our grandparents, friends, and family may not always be with us, but their love continues on and strengthens us forever.


If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people. - TNH

No comments: