Sunday, February 12, 2012

Best grouting tool? A hubby. Best drape hanging tool? A hubby, of course.

Another busy weekend following a crazy busy week!  Wednesday night, I launched into grouting the kitchen backsplash.  I had done a crazy workout that morning, so hubby took pity on my slow progress and took over.  He did the rest of the kitchen in the time it took me to do like 3 or 4 feet (of course that resulted in 2 hours of cleaning up grout splatter the next day, but I digress).  We cleaned the backsplash that night and then I did it again in the morning... and again this weekend... and will have to do it again before I can seal it... but we can pretend it is done =)


What do you think?  I think hubby will never again agree to these tiny little tiles again and I miss my mini-float.  I"m going to have to purchase another one before we get into the bathrooms.  

I worked on the side panels for our great room window treatment Friday night and Sunday morning, and we JUST finished putting up our draperies.  It was excellent teamwork, if I do say so myself.


I even had enough fabric left over to cover a pillow, which we think "helps soften all the leather" in the room - hehe.  


So, you remember our new beautiful table, of course... and the decision we were trying to make about the china cabinet?
Well....


drumroll please...


This week, we had our new china cabinet delivered!!!  Hubby went to Lexington to check it out again and purchase it.  It came Thursday, and by the time I made it home, it was filled with china and he was smiling like the Cheshire cat!  It is beautiful, and we feel so special having a real dining room!  We have had two dinners with fabulous guests already and are looking forward to LOTS more. For now, though, I gotta get back to work... or bed.  Bed is looking more enticing after all this weekend work!



No comments: