Monday, March 12, 2012

Life's a beach.

We took a little respite after several months of feeling like we've been going 100 MPH.  Hubby got us an "ocean view" room in Myrtle Beach for two nights, so we headed down Saturday morning.


For those of you who have made the trip from NC to SC, you'll know the statuary place on the right hand side of the road that I'm talking about.  Mom and I classically tease to stop.  Dad and Travis have classically made sure they were driving so we don't. This time, though, I was shocked to find hubby slow and turn!



It was so fun. I found a frog and a birdbath that I wanted but decided we don't really have room in the courtyard. I also found incentive for dad to stop next time =)


So, we got there and hit up all our favorite places.  Croissants (twice), Ciao, Margaritaville, Kaminsky's Deli.  And so we ate...


And ate...

And ate...

And ate =)  Yup.  Had that mint brownie twice.


And we shopped! And I slept every time I tried to sit down to read. It was good rejuvenation, but man are we looking forward to our own bed and Winston! Back at the ranch, Trav put up the rest of the kitchen cabinets' doors.  I'll post pictures as soon as I clean the kitchen =).  And I planted gladiolas, dahlias, and a peony.  Fingers crossed they come up!

No comments: