Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fabulous fabric.

So, this weekend, we decided to go in search of fabric to replace the valences in our study.  We headed out to High Point after a ROUGH morning run for this chickita.  Apparently, food does really impact your body... and your runs.  

Anywho, we stopped at our fav place - Fabric Forum - and recruited the help of a very skilled seamstress!  We found fabric for our bedroom (I'll show that later - I'm in the midst of changing the sheets, so you can't really get the effect of that fabric in our bedroom.

We didn't find fabric for our study... but we DID find green fabric for our kitchen!  We crossed our fingers that it would go.  And it did!  It did!  


Our talented seamstress bud helped me pick out some sparkly trim with black trim to pick up the cabinets.  I was so inspired, I made them last night and this morning!


Sadly, I still need to work on my straight line skills (in my defense, the pattern on the fabric was not straight - a challenge to decide which to go with...).  This was highlighted by the nice black line, but once hubby fixed the tension in the rods, it wasn't as bad as it first appeared.  The sparkles are a little tough to see in the picture, so here's a close up (which still doesn't do it justice)!


So, back to our trip yesterday.  We decided to hit up the clearance fabric folds at 1502 quickly.  The store is HUGE.  


They have beautiful fabric, but it is pretty pricey.  The folds are much more reasonable.  I found just a little bit of a pretty floral fabric.  Not enough to do full valences, though :(  And then, on the next table, I spotted a plaid.  It went perfectly, and in my head, it matched our study perfectly.  I was SO PUMPED when I discovered that I was exactly right!



Trav was pretty much over the fabric search by the time I finished up the purchases.  Good thing they have husband chairs available!  


We also bought ourselves a new wireless printer/fax/copier/scanner, which I set up and stuck in a cabinet - so no more attempting to hide our printer in the dining room!  OHHH and we bought a new lamp, but that's going to have to wait, too, because I'm too pooped to think about going in and snapping a pic of that right now :)

No comments: