Wednesday, September 26, 2012

another year of wedded bliss

Today, we celebrate 3 years of marriage, 12.5 years of a relationship, and 13.5 years of friendship.  

We celebrate the laughter, tears, shouts of happiness and frustration, grief, joy, and pleasant contentment that have filled these years.  We celebrate the people who support our marriage, those who have shown us what a good marriage is all about, those who have championed and listened.  We celebrate each other and this bond we have been blessed with that we nurture each day.

A year ago, we were going to Charlotte for house stuff, to accommodate the need to be close by for caregiving.  This year, that is but a bittersweet memory.  

What a year it has been.  There has been such a beautiful juxtaposition of "pinch-me-this-can't-be-my-life" moments of utter elation and "wake-me-up-this-has-to-be-a-bad-dream" moments of utter sorrow this year.  I am so blessed to be able to share both with such a strong man and partner in life.  



"A thought transfixed me: for the first time in my life, I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers.  The truth - that love is the ultimate and highest goal to which man can aspire.  Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love.  I understand how a man who has nothing left in this world still knows bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved." - Victor Frankl

1 comment:

an angry Bunnie said...

Happy 3rd Year Anniversary!!

Here is to many many more!