Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Organization station

This past weekend, we stayed pretty darned busy.  I ran 10 miles, we went to a bday celebration for a special little 1 year old, I ordered new spectacles, and we did a LOT of work on the house!  Bunches of our storage spaces have been getting a little out of hand.  People come over, and when you're in the midst of a renovation, the stuff that has to be out for you to work ends up getting shoved into random places.  I started with the cabinets below the bookshelf.  They are so nicely organized now!  In my cleaning out, I found my dad's hospital birth certificate and the last birthday card my Nan ever sent me. It was all by itself, in with some other random things.  Funny, since not getting a card that said "Love, Nan" was one of the toughest things for me on my birthday.  It was a wonderful found treasure.  

So, that was so successful, I started in on the kitchen pantry.  I have those awesome shelves hubby bought, but everything had been shoved in there lately.  You couldn't walk in to it really, see?


The floor was pretty much covered, and I think we had enough plastic bags to supply a small grocery store for a week.


So, I pulled everything out and re-organized... I think it's looking pretty good!


The best part is that you can actually walk back in to the pantry again!!!


Hubby got inspired.  In fact, everything in his living room tool cabinet is currently hanging out on a blanket in the living room waiting for a home.  But, before he could organize that, he had to start customizing his tool closet, the closet in the front office.  So, up went his peg board.  My man has a LOT of hammers.  The tool closet is slowly making progress to being functional storage!




No comments: