Sunday, November 25, 2012

A quick catch up...

What have we been up to?  Anything to avoid doing work in that bathroom =)  Well, that's not exactly true.  We decided to do some work on the cabinet for the bathroom before I paint it.  We headed out to the salvo place to find new doors to give it a new edge last weekend.  There were LOTs of doors.


But no darn doors the size of OUR doors!  ARG!!!


Nothing would work.  We headed to Lowe's and picked out some trim to spice up the doors.  Today, hubby started making some noise, and when I headed into the kitchen, this is what I saw!


A thing of beauty, no?  This was clearly the result of a boost in confidence as a result of hubby's work on Saturday.  I went out with my parents to find a replacement for my birthday present (long story, but I am ever so grateful!), and I came back to an almost completely installed storm door on the front of the house!


The door was a bit too snug, so hubby got to bring out one of his favorite toys, basically a mini circular saw, and cut away some of the door jam to make it fit!  


I got home in time to hold the door and the door jam, hand over lost pencils, and play cleanup crew...


Winston was so not a fan and had to be blockaded into the house...


Also this weekend, we got monogramed towels in the mail.  We haven't had new towels since... 2006, I think?  So, I was pretty pscyhed.  I was particuarly psyched to get them MONOGRAMED.  I have always wanted monogramed towels =)


Finally, we've been doing a little Christmas decorating...  There's the sofa table...


Even "Bunnatrice" is feeling festive!


Hubby got a timer for the lights on the tree outside, but it malfunctioned on the dusk timer b/c of other light, so he fixed it tonight =)


I pulled out the tea set of Spode (a sampling of Spode blasts to come!)...


Decorated my tree - there is glitter EVERYWHERE - and put some of our presents under it...


Changed out the decorations around Sunny - that's a sparkly snowman and one of my favorite hand-painted Christmas cards from my friend Analisa...


Added decorations to the topper of "Travis's tree" - you can't really see it in the dark - there are three sparkly poinsettias and blue and gold thingies coming out of the tree...


And finally decorated the mantle and hung the stockings with care =)


And now, I have work to do, laundry to iron, clean dishes to put away...  Do we really have to go back to work tomorrow?

No comments: