Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


So, I thought I'd review my thankful list from last year, and do a little update!

1. I am thankful to wake up in a warm bed in a wonderful, love-filled house, next to a puppy snuggled up to the man I love.
1. I am grateful to wake up in a king sized bed...

2. I am thankful for cool, sun-filled mornings that welcome long runs.
2. I am grateful for those long runs now with an awesome running buddy

3. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to greet my mom and dad each morning since April... and I think we are all grateful their house is close to completion too =)
3. I am thankful now that my parents are in their new house and that they were able to stay with us all day on Thanksgiving!

4. I am thankful for all the wonderful family and friends who are and who have been in my life.
4. Hasn't changed... a little bit more bittersweet today, though, since it was our first Thanksgiving without Nan and Grandma.

5. I am thankful for all the awesome people I have and do work with.
5. After a full year of working with them, I am even more thankful for the people I work with... and after a year of missing those I used to work with... I still miss them!!!

6. I am thankful that we have been blessed with the ability to own our second house before 30. 
6. No change!  Except now we're 30 AND I managed to run a half marathon :)

7. I am thankful that we both have jobs we enjoy and that have allowed us to be where we need to be when we need to be there.
7. Those jobs allowed us to be there as soon as I knew I needed to be for Nan and for Grandma... 

8. I am thankful for the country we live in and the sacrifices people make every day to make it what it is.

8. The more I work for medical solutions for the military community, the more thankful I am for them.

9. I am thankful my brother is in school in Winston Salem =)

9. I am SUPER-thankful that Doctor Jared is in Winston Salem, especially today!

10. I am thankful that I live with and am otherwise related to AWESOME cooks =)
10. Oh, my belly...

And now, for a couple of pictorial additions...

Grateful for the opportunity to have Daisy join us for Thanksgiving this year!


Grateful for fabulous wine selections from my mother-in-law...


Because I am thankful that my awesome doctor brother is willing to scrub the road out of my road rash...


And a dad who goes to the drug store with 20 minutes to spare before our Thanksgiving feast...


And moms and puppies to look on while I get fixed up (and the sympathy of my mom!)...


And now I realize, we took no family pictures.  Harumph.  

No comments: