Monday, December 31, 2012

And Happy New Year, too

During our last meal of 2012...


Hubby: So, what are your New Year's resolutions?  I know mine (*insert mischievous grin*)
Me: I dunno.  Find a new pet name for you?
Hubby: Well, mine is to finish that bathroom in 2013!

Oi.  Let's hope that's a resolution he gets out of the way early =)

A quick review of 2012...
...we finished the kitchen
...we put up drapes in the great room (I am pretty sure Nan would have approved)
...we lost Grandma
...we (um, hubby) finished painting the grasscloth
...we put up new valences in the office (twice) and our bedroom and the kitchen
...we finished our dining room
...we redid the landscaping around the house
...hubby finished out my craft closet
...we finished the powder room
...we (um, hubby - he doesn't approve of my painting) repainted our bedroom
...we made the laundry room less humid and more clean
...we got an Audi to celebrate my 30th birthday
...we started renovating the Jack and Jill bathroom
...I ran 2 half marathons 
...we made trips to Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, and Rutland
...we welcomed new little ones into the world
...we hosted holidays, dinner parties, and cocktail hours at Turnberry Love
...we had business trips and day trips and trips on the sidewalk (yup, I fell again...)
...we enjoyed the wonderful company of friends and family, doggies, and one another

So, from one of my favorite running songs (and yes, some of the words in between are inappropriate, but I love the gist of the song...

"May the best of your todays 
Be the worst of your tomorrows...  
Just some picture perfect day 
To last a whole lifetime 
And it never ends 
Cos all we have to do is hit rewind  
So let's just stay in the moment..." - Jay-Z

Cheers to a wonderful 2012 with the hope that 2013 holds much promise!

No comments: