Monday, March 25, 2013

Dear Mother Nature...

REALLY???


Anyway, we've halted work on Turnberry Love to turn our attention to our first house.  The woman living there has moved out, and we've implemented OPERATION SELL MY HOUSE full blast there.  We spent every weeknight last week painting.  All three bedrooms and the kitchen are now "Creamy Mushroom."  The worst of the bedrooms went from this...


To this...


It's been a team effort...


... and we even recruited Mom Wednesday night and Saturday...


And my co-worker Erin on Saturday!  We also decided to update the front door color because it was in major need of new paint.  I LOVE this color.  I wish my neighbors would be OK with us painting our front door this color, but I just don't think it would pass...



Saturday, we spent most of our time painting the back room.  It was this terrible yellow color - the picture doesn't do it justice.  It looked like the walls had yellowed with age or smoke, as opposed to being that color on purpose.  Hubby laughed when he showed me why I liked our new color so much... the darker grey-tan on the left is Creamy Mushroom.  The lighter version of that color on the right is the original color I painted the room in 2007!  We painted the bottom half of the room white and the top half Creamy Mushroom.  It is happy and bright again... I'll try to remember to take a picture.  I didn't do a good job of that this weekend.


Sunday, hubby did touchups of all the nail holes in the walls while I caulked the bathtub and the kitchen counter.  It's amazing what a little caulk can do to freshen up a kitchen or bathroom!  As you can imagine, I'm heading into this week a little tired and was happy to agree that we should take Monday and Tuesday nights off this week =)

No comments: