Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's been too long


But, guys, we're just exhausted.  At least I am.  It seems like there's something to do ALL THE TIME.


I know, it's high time to get on with what's been going on, so let me see if I can bring you up to speed.  After our trip to the beach, Mom and Dad have been hanging with a friend, helping her to look at houses to buy.  That's taken up some of the weekend time, so little things have been going on.  Last weekend, they went to an art show to benefit Senior Services.  Dad says they were late to a house showing appointment because Mom knew so many people... Mom says it's because Dad "made" her buy this:


Isn't it pretty?  It's a little different than what they have, and they got to meet the artist, which is pretty cool.  This is in the foyer... notice they also moved the chair that was in that corner and replaced it with old suitcases, which used to be in the guest room.  Why?  Well, let me show you.


Remember what used to be here?  The big, huge desk.  It was taking up the space meant for my bed, but they claim it was moved because of concern about the sun and Mom not really being able to use it as a working desk, leaving stuff out on it.  So, after some maneuvering, it made it to the guest bedroom.   Note that it is now living where those suitcases used to be!


When I tell you it took maneuvering, we are talking a hair-pin turn that was only successful because of those curved corners!  Anyway, I thought I'd leave you with yet another bathroom tease.  Mom and Dad worked on it last weekend, and there are just a few more finishing touches before it's ready for use... check out that double curved bar in the shower with the curtain and liner separate.  Ohhh yeahhhh.

No comments: