Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

No one is getting a card this year.  It's not that I didn't look; I read loads of them, trying to find the perfect one for each of the moms in my life.  They just all stunk this year.  So, here's my card.  To my mom, my mother in law, my aunts, my mom friends (and mom-to-be friends), my female mentors, and my Grandmas, whom I miss so very much:

Thank you.  Without your strong examples of what it means to be a woman, I would not be where I am today.  Without your constant support and love, I would not be where I am today.  And mom, without all your sleepless nights, hugs, phone calls, back rubs, carefully planned meals, chauffeur services, handy woman services, etc, etc, etc, I would not be where I am today.

Every day is really a celebration of our parents - your children reflect all your love and dedication.  However, today, we get to take a whole day to you.  So, I hope you get to put your feet up and really take a moment to absorb all the love that is returning to you, because you've put so much of it out in the world and you were the first to teach your kids what love really is.



No comments: