Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend warriors

Well, this weekend, we got a little break at Turnberry Love, because the love was turned elsewhere!  Jared and Jordan closed on their house, and we invaded, home improvement style!  They, along with help from my mom and dad, got the dining room and front hallway taken care of and painted (missed it in the photo ops).  Saturday, Jared and hubby headed out to get paint.  Jared picked this light grey color to cover the cream walls.  Unfortunately, they realized that this particular grey looks purple in the room (color to the right).  After much consideration, Jordan jumped on the opportunity to have hubby repaint the wall the creamy mushroom color we painted all of Lawndale.  So.  Much.  Better.


Meanwhile, Jared, Jordan and I attacked the cabinets in the kitchen.  Jared and Jordan cleaned them, and I helped Jordan finish up the cleaning and get started on the painting.  When I returned Saturday afternoon, she'd finished the second coat of the bottom cabinets!  So, I got through the entire first coat of the upper cabinets before being banished from the house, since I was working while they were not.  Psh, whatever, I could have finished them if I didn't think I'd get in trouble =)


Even so, the transformation from the old tired wood (top) to the beautiful blue-grey (bottom) is bringing such life and youth into the kitchen already!!!  

No comments: