Thursday, September 26, 2013

26 September 2009

In the comfort of that little chapel, stuffed to the windows with love and emotion, and safe from the pouring rain...

I, Alexis, took you, Travis, to be my husband, 


my constant friend, 


my faithful partner (OMG, now I know why we love the half-tables you made in the dining room!)


and my love 


from 26 September 2009 forward.  

In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offered you my solemn vow to be true to you in sickness and in health, 


in good times and in bad, 


and in joy as well as sorrow.  



I vowed to be honest, caring and truthful, to love you unconditionally, to honor and respect you, and to cherish you, growing old by your side as your love and best friend.  


I continue to vow this to you every day before God, 



and here, four years later, I offer this solemn vow again in a space that has grown to catalog not only our house renovation adventures but also the good times and bad, the joy and the sorrow that have strengthened our love as we grow old by one another's side.


Happy Anniversary.  Let's go find some (gluten free) cake!






No comments: