Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Easter 2014 - Quite possibly the best Easter ever

I know, Easter was weeks ago.  I am behind, but I have a legit reason!  Hang with me, here.

You know, one of the things I really love about Turnberry Love is our dining room.  It was hand painted by mom, it holds some of our favorite artwork, it displays family mementoes, and it has one very large table that accommodates all of us.  So, we all gathered together for Easter Brunch.  Jared came to church with Mom and Dad (I sang while hubby was in charge of the ham), so we were all together and waiting on Jordan.  We took advantage of the beautiful day and the blooming tulips and caught some really good photos!  

First off, Jared has a beard.  


We were taking photos with multiple phones, so we had a bit of a tough time getting all of us looking in the same direction...  I think Winston was distracted by a car.  Or a squirrel.  Or a crow...


And we managed to get some good pics of Mom and Dad with their babies!


And, of course, Sherry with her baby (and baby she claims).


Jordan showed up a little later - she was working nights and just coming off them, so getting up was tough.  I managed to sneak a pic while she wasn't paying attention, though :)    

On a side note - check out that food - are we lucky to have such great cooks in our family or what!!  Who needs a centerpiece when you've got that?  


And so, here begins my story.  I knew something was up.  I just knew it.  I'd had a dream, and my dreams are getting pretty accurate at predicting these things.  At the March birthday celebrations, hubby was on board with me.  And since we had figured it out, and the way my parents were acting, I thought they knew.  I was so disappointed that they knew and we didn't.  Anyway, at the end of brunch, Jared and Jordan gave mom and dad, hubby and me, and Sherry each a little easter basket.  In the basket was a bunch of chocolates and a large egg.  OMG, I knew it.  But, I wanted to make sure that mom opened it first.  She did, and she let out just a little show of excitement and a huge grin shot across her face.  Turns out she didn't know, after all.  Then I had to run around and give hugs... because, you see...




...





...




...




...



Easter is the first holiday I ever spent with hubby's family many moons ago, and on this particular Easter, we found out that Jared and Jordan are expecting a little one, due on Grandma June's birthday.  How beautiful is that?  Best.  Easter.  Ever.  This little nugget better get ready to be smothered with love.  Get yo' self ready for me sharing lots of fun baby projects!

No comments: