Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day Mom, with Love.


This is a creation a long time in the making.  It started last year.  Mom and Dad got pink and green striped chairs for their screened in porch, where they love sitting.  So, I decided to make a lap quilt for mom so she could enjoy an extended season out there.  Sitting out on our screened-in porch, talking about life under a puff is one of my favorite memories from our last house.  



Just like moms help us navigate life, the strips were attached end-to-end and then side-to-side...


And after hours of labor, a couple of spools of thread, several poked fingers… the quilt was done.  It is quilted along each strip, and the quilt binding is attached with love - literally - the stitching all around the quilt is little hearts.


I was very nervous for her to open it.  I folded it so that the "Made by Alexis" tag was front and center...


And I breathed a big sigh of relief when she loved it =)


Happy Mother's Day to the woman who has been there for every good and every bad time in my life.  Thank you for the tear-inducing laughter fests, the hugs, the picking me up, the support, the challenges. Travis is lucky to have a Mother-In-Law he loves, and we're so blessed to share time with you.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom.


No comments: