Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

I'm a day late, but it was a busy weekend. Happy Fathers Day, Dad. We are one lucky family to have a father figure like you. Not only do you love your kids unconditionally, but you accepted and love our spouses like your own. 

One of the reasons I have been a bit delayed in my blogging is that I clearly had to make dad a lap quilt to match mom's. I realize it's not the ideal time of year to give these, but at least this way, I get to be comfortable under a quilt while everyone else enjoys the air conditioning on Sundays!

Dad's quilt also matches the screened in porch themes, so now mom and dad can enjoy an extended season outside. It began as a pile of scraps. 


And, little by little, strip by strip, it came together, with patience and love and a sense of urgency, since the time between Mother's Day and Father's Day isn't very long!


I bound and quilted it with the same green as mom's quilt so they would have something in common. Kind of like my parents =) different, but a few important things in common. 


It matched his outfit yesterday!


Unfortunately, he was too fast with it, so I didn't get a good pic of the entire thing. But just so you know, it was Winston approved. 


No comments: