Friday, July 4, 2014

Oh good grief...

... mom is so far behind on this thing!!!  Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here? 

Clearly, it's Winston here, picking up the slack (again), with updates on LOTS going on around Turnberry Love.  It's not like mom and dad have been busy or anything.

Where shall I begin?  Hmmm...  Well, let's start with the big announcement.  I'm going to have a non-furry boy cousin!  I found out when mom and dad got back from Daisy's house a couple of weeks ago.  There was a party (which was very overwhelming for my cousin). 

And Jared and Jordan unwrapped a pair of baby Tom's my mom made them.  She wanted to be surprised, too, so she made a pink pair and a blue pair and delivered them wrapped the same way.  Jared and Jordan made a big show of it - it was neck and neck - 50/50 on the guesses of a boy versus a girl.  Daisy was pretty darned surprise to hear she was going to have a baby brother.

Jared and Jordan proudly showed off their new addition's shoes to everyone...

And mom took some fun pics of the Rejeski family's new lineup!

After the party, mom took a few more pictures of Jared and Jordan.  She's a pretty good photographer, don't you think? 

This is Jared and Jordan showing off Jared's first purchase - Air Jordan's, of course!

Baby Boy...

Aren't they just so photogenic?!?

Bump picture!!!

 So, the other fun thing was that mom surprised her mom with the arrival of Aunt Martha the Friday before the party.  Martha flew in for a week of nonstop laughter and shenanigans.  Mom took Grandma to Charlotte shopping on Friday to pick up Martha, and then she took off Monday and brought Grandma and Martha up to the mountains for the day.  They had lots of fun, and have a 16 mile drive through dense fog to commemorate the trip - check it out!

They went to the Moses Cone Mansion and checked out all the local artists. 

They also went to lunch in Boone and shopping in Blowing Rock.  If you think that pen is a little boudoir-ish, you should have seen the girl selling the jewelry!

OK, so meanwhile, while mom has been sewing, etc., dad has been working on painting.  The great room was almost done, so he started on the doors.  Well, he followed all the instructions, used oil paint as a base and then latex... and waited for it to dry.  And waited.  And waited some more.  The doors didn't dry.  So, he did some more research and found out that they probably wouldn't dry.  So, they opted for a "safe" paint stripper.  He got to work... except that darned stripper stripped the doors all the way down to the particle board!

Not quite the shabby sheik they were going for.  They opted to not put doors back to the kitchen and to buy a new door for the closet.  Dad was SO EXCITED that he got to put the door on top of the new car.  

Mom said he was grinning like a Cheshire cat, but she missed catching that in action.  The new door is home, and we're waiting on the last coat and new hardware before it goes back into place. 

 They also have been finishing up Grandma Sherry's house and moved her into it a couple of weeks ago.  More on that later.  I am exhausted just thinking about all this, and I've got to rest up to be freaked out by fireworks in a few hours!  Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: