Monday, September 1, 2014

The master bedroom, complete for now

I know, I know, it's been too long again.  Life keeps getting in the way, and I think that's a good thing.  The update is that hubby had a schedule while I was at a work conference.  So, while I worked with a view of the Atlantic, he was busy scraping the ceiling and painting away. 




Ok, while it was a beautiful view, it was a lot of late nights and early mornings.  Yeah, you still don't feel bad for me...  Back at the ranch, we'll start with noting that the ceiling was scraped, primed, and painted.  He also painted all the trim white, and then we re-considered the walls...


We went with a lighter color this time, now between the first and second colors (3 colors in 3 years...).  Hubby also looked at plantation shutters.  They are on our "some day" list, but they're just not what we want to spend the money on right no.  So, instead, he picked up some "cost effective" white mini blinds... and we are actually OK with them for a while.  They let in so much light!  


You'll see the new door on the left, and the old door (with old trim color) on the right (and if you look really closely, you can see my neon pink shirt in the mirror... I had to stand on the bed). 


So, our hallway has become door painting central.  Doors begin outside, where they get a light sanding and wash down...


Then they move in to the hallway, where they get a primer color (shown) and then two coats of color...


This exercise has not been without its... moments, though...





(I walked into the hallway and hubby was using this spill as his paint container...)


No comments: